Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Manifesto

Tips and notes on how to work with computers. A little bit about the Mac, but more about PCs with XP...and a bit about Vista.

I have a Sony Vaio running XP, and a Dell Dimension 4600 with a Topaz S 24 inch monitor. My dad has a Dell running Vista, my mom has a Dell running XP. My aunt has a Mac and a Lenovo running Vista, and since she has no idea how to do things with comoputers, I'm always helping her with the simplest of things.

My mom also has difficulty with computers. She's 70. (As is my Aunt.) So I am often asked questions of a really basic nature.

I intend to answer those questions here as well. My posts won't deal with complex things like how to do DOS or Linux, but simply how to use your ocmpouter to surf the web safely, use applications like Word and Excel or Open Office's suite of applications, how to use Windows Movie Maker, and so on.

If you have a computer question, email me at Nocturne_CVS@yahoo.com. I don't guarantee to be able to answer it - I may well have to ask the question myself at one of the websites that offer computer help, and then share that answer here - but one way or another, I hope that this blog will be of use to the novice computer user, whether you are young or old.

No comments:

Post a Comment